APPIC Match-News E-Mail List
See below for information on subscribing to this list
The APPIC "Match-News" e-mail list provides up-to-date news and information about the APPIC Match. This list is open to all individuals who are interested in the APPIC Match. In particular, internship applicants, internship training directors, and academic Directors of Clinical Training are strongly encouraged to subscribe. Subscribing to this list means that you will receive occasional e-mail messages containing the latest news about the APPIC Match. This is a low-volume list, which means that (under most circumstances) subscribers will receive a maximum of five messages per month.
This is an announce-only list. You will not be able to send messages to other list subscribers. Only the APPIC Match Coordinator and other authorized APPIC personnel are authorized to post messages to this list.
Managing Your Subscription
There are two ways for you to communicate with APPIC's e-mail list server (called "Lyris") in order to manage your list subscription:
- Send commands to the server via e-mail (see the information below for the specific commands to use).
- Use the Lyris web interface. This method allows you to use your browser to subscribe or unsubscribe, manage your subscription, review message archives, etc. When using the web interface to manage an existing list subscription, you MUST login using the EXACT e-mail address at which you are subscribed (this e-mail address appears at the end of every message posted to the list) and a blank password. Due to the idiosyncrasies of e-mail, sometimes you are subscribed to a list under a slightly different address than you might think. If you are having difficulty, be sure that you are entering the e-mail address that is listed at the end of each message that you receive from the list.
To subscribe to this e-mail list, simply send a blank e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
You will subsequently receive an e-mail message (with the subject line, "Your confirmation is needed") that contains instructions for you to follow in order to confirm your subscription. Simply follow these instructions and you will soon receive a "Welcome" e-mail in response. This "Welcome" e-mail confirms that you are successfully subscribed to the list (please note that you are NOT subscribed to the list until you have received the "Welcome" e-mail).
PLEASE NOTE: If your e-mail program uses "Spam" or "Junk Mail" filtering, it is possible that the confirmation message from the APPIC server will be automatically redirected to your "Junk Mail" folder without your knowledge. If you do not receive a confirmation message in your "in" box, you should check your "Spam" or "Junk Mail" folder to see if the message is there. If your e-mail program does use filtering, you should instruct it to accept all e-mail from APPIC's e-mail list server.
To unsubscribe from this e-mail list, simply send a blank e-mail to: email@example.com
You must send this e-mail message from the exact address at which you are subscribed to the list. If you have difficulty, use the web interface (described under "Managing your Subscription" above).
Only the APPIC Match Coordinator and other authorized APPIC personnel are allowed to post to this list.
Changing Your E-mail Address
There are two ways to change your e-mail address:
- Simply unsubscribe from your previous e-mail address and re-subscribe from your new address, as described above.
- Use the "web interface" (described above, under "Managing your Subscription") to make the change.
Accessing Message Archives
Messages that are posted to this list are saved for a limited period of time. You may access the message archives by using the web interface (described under "Managing your Subscription" above).
Due to the low volume of e-mail that is generated by the MATCH-NEWS list, the "Digest" feature is not available on this list.
Viewing Your List Settings
To determine your current subscription settings for this list, send a blank e-mail message to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you want to see a summary of the APPIC lists to which you are subscribed, simply send an e-mail message to email@example.com with the following two commands on the first two lines of the body of your message:
Rules for using this List
The following rules apply to all of APPIC's e-mail lists, and subscribing to a list denotes your agreement to abide by these rules as a condition of your subscription. Each APPIC list may have additional rules or guidelines.
- Do not use the list for illegal or unethical purposes.
- Do not interfere with or disrupt other list users, list resources, or network services or equipment.
- Do not use the list for commercial purposes.
- Do not show disrespect for the points of view of others.
- Postings must be related to the general topic and purpose of the list.
- APPIC is not responsible for postings on its e-mail lists.
- As of March 10, 2014, requests for research participation are no longer permitted on APPIC's e-mail lists. Research conducted through e-mail list postings can be seriously flawed due to the inability to define the sample, poor response rates, outdated list membership, and lack of generalizability of the sample. Researchers who wish to contact APPIC-member internship and postdoctoral programs may purchase a mailing list from the APPIC Central Office (available at no cost to APPIC Members and Doctoral Program Associates).
APPIC may remove from the list any list member who does not abide by these rules.
If you need assistance with any APPIC list, please contact the APPIC List Manager, Dr. Cecilia Sun, at ListManager@appic.org .
Questions about the APPIC Match or the Post-Match Vacancy Service should be directed to the APPIC Match Coordinator, Dr. Greg Keilin, at firstname.lastname@example.org .